After a decade of whispers, trials, pilots and promise, virtual reality now seems on the precipice of a boom in senior housing and senior care settings.
A bevy of companies have arrived to tailor VR solutions directly to seniors. These innovations give operators new solutions to age-old challenges, including resident isolation, dementia support and pain management.
Operators are employing VR to augment a range of actions as diverse as pharmacological treatments, reminiscence therapy and staff training. Partnerships with major VR content creators, along with VR vendor studios, are leading to a cornucopia of content that can be customized for resident needs.
And the work being done is just the beginning.
In this 22-page report, you will learn:
- Why some operators are spending tens of thousands of dollars to provide this technology to residents and staff
- How the influx of baby boomers and changes in the tech markets are driving VR adoption
- The three main uses of VR in senior housing
- How VR is helping residents increase socialization and reduce pain
- The benefits of using VR to enhance staff empathy of residents
- And much more!